22 March 2009

And If I Was Blessed, I'd Walk On The Water You're Breathing

It's Mother's Day and we're going for a picnic in the forest to say hello to the ponies. How many horses are in the forest? Well none of course, they're all ponies. I made my mum happy today; unlike Dave Pelzer, author and traumatised child from A Boy Called It. It's a horrific tale and I'm not sure why I'm reading it, it's so depressing. But I quite like reading real life stories; not because I'm sick in the head and like to hear about the pain some people go though because of no fault of their own but because they make me appreciate my live and the people in it more. I realise how privileged I am and reminds me of the fact that I have nothing to complain about. So I get spots? So I don't look like I wished I looked like? So I have disagreements with people and get angry? They're such little problems compared to Dave Pelzer's or Anya Peter's.

I received the news that Jade Goody died today; on Mother's Day. It must be such an awful time for her family and friends, my heart goes out to them all, she was so brave. And truth be told, I never really like Jade Goody as I didn't understand why she was famous but no-one deserves to die at 27. Especially if that person has a loving family, had just been married and still had so much to live for. I'm happy that she managed to get married. I watched some of it on TV when it was on and it was so emotional. I feel so sorry for her mother, husband and children the most. They must be going through such a heartbreaking time. But I suppose it also gives them a sense of closure to know that she won't be suffering the immense pain anymore that she was feeling whilst she was in hospital. At least it's over in a sense even though it's such a terrible fate.

This blog started off so happy but ended so sad. I'm sorry, I'll try to brighten it up. How about so lyrics that have been making me smile for the past couple of days? Read the lyrics and you're smile too. Imagine someone singing them to you; someone who loves you.

And if I could swim
I'd swim out to you in the ocean,
Swim out to where you were floating
in the dark.
And if was blessed
I walk on the water you're breathing,
To lend you some air for that heaving
Sunken chest.
'Cause they chose you
As the model
For their empty little dreams.
With your new head
And your legs spread
Like a filthy magazine.
And they hunt you
And they gut you
And you give in.

And if I was brave
I'd climb up to you on the mountain.
They led you to drink from their fountain
Spouting lies.
And I'd slay
The horrible beast they commissioned
To steer me away from my mission
To your eyes,
And I'd stand there
Like a soldier
With my foot upon his chest.
With my grin spread
And my arms out
In my bloodstained Sunday's best,
And you'd hold me
I'd remind you
Who you are...
Under their shell..

I'd walk through hell for you.
Let it burn right through my shoes.
These soles are useless without you.
Through hell for you
Let the torturing ensue.
My soul is useless without you

And if they sent a whirlwind,
I'd hug it like a harmless little tree.
Or an earthquake,
I'd calm it,
And I'd bring you back to me,
And I'd hold you
In my weak arms like a first born.

I'd walk through hell for you.
Let it burn right through my shoes.
These soles are useless without you.
Through hell for you
Let the torturing ensue.
My soul is useless without you (through hell for you)

(through hell for you) without you
Without you (through hell for you)
Without you (through hell for you)

Now, I've walked through hell for you,
What's an adventurer to do
But rest these feet at home with you.

If you're wondering which song it is, it's by Say Anything and is called A Walk Through Hell. I love it so much, it cheers me up immensely.

Have a beautiful day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment