27 March 2009

My Breath Fogged Up The Glass So I Drew A New Face And Laughed

I've just discovered what I really dislike about our headteacher. Yes, she's irritating and pathetic but I'm finally realised what makes me so annoyed with her. It's the fact that she makes all these changes without giving us a reason or consulting anyone first. Sure, she has her "Headteacher meetings" but no-one pays any attention in them and she just assumes that because she's he headteacher, we'll be happy with whatever she decides to do. At least we've only got a few weeks left before we get to leave. That's quite shocking actually; only a few weeks to go. It's crazy, at the beginning of the year it felt like we still had years to go but once we got past Christmas the time is just flying by. And to think, by the end of next week I won't have to do any more coursework for school either. Sure, I'll get some in college but not in school. Never again. How strange.

I've recently been writing letters to friends. Friends who I see everyday but decided it would be nice to write to them. I've got three letters to write over the weekend, as well as finishing off all my coursework. I don't mind though, so long as they write back. But then, if they don't I won't mind either because at least I made them happy for a little while. What I mean by that is the fact that when you get mail as a teenagers you feel quite loved and proud because someone has taken the time to write. You appreciate it a little more then adults as they get them all the time...saying that, most of their letters are bills of some sort.

I watched Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas last night. One of the funniest, if not strangest, films I've ever seen. Johnny Depp and Benicio Del Toro are brilliant in it. My two favourite lines of the whole film had to be: "We can't stop here, it's bat country!" and of course, "I've never missed a plane yet..." and then the actions that followed. Absolutely hilarious.

What is the deal with people saying "To be honest" after every sentence nowadays? Fair enough if it makes sense but what it's something such as: "I need a pen...to be honest". I just don't understand. I'm such an English Geek. I can't stand it when people use phrases incorrectly.

Oh I'm being so hypocritical. Here I am saying how I hate people who use phrases incorrectly when I am a criminal in my own eyes. I say "like" far to often and really want to stop but I just forget. Especially when I'm stressed or taking quickly as the word just slips out. I need help from someone to help me break the habit. No-one will take me seriously if I continually say "like" in every sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment