3 May 2009

Jitterbug.

All aboard the fail boat. I forgot to blog - I mean, I remembered but didn't have enough time. I only got back at 3am this morning (of course this morning otherwise I wouldn't have written "am"). Babysitting is going to kill my exams but it pays well so I can't complain.

I have the words cosmic and cancer written faintly on my wrist. I love the word cosmic, it's a very sparkly word. I think we should all start saying it more often so instead of saying "yeah that was good" or "cool!" we could all start saying things like "that trip was cosmic" or "your new nose is cosmic". A all new word for something positive. It's very 70's though isn't it? But who cares, the 70's were fun, right?

Cancer on the other hand is the complete opposite of cosmic. It is the most un-cosmic word out there in my eyes. It's a haunting infection that takes over an innocent person. It's a cough after the "last" cigarette. It's a bullied child. It's the very model of the new-age plague. I also feel for those whose star sign is cancer. Not only is it a deathly word but the sign for it is a crab. For those with a twisted mind, this isn't a good symbol.

I have the line "The very model of a model of a mother" from Simon Armitage's Homecoming stuck in my head. This reminds me of Fight Club and how he describes insomnia as "a copy of a copy of a copy". I love repetition, it makes everything so much more believable.

Did you know that if you whisper a lie to someone they are more likely to believe it? Try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment