16 June 2009

That Future Boom Boom Boom

Usually I don't connect too much with Glamour magazine. I buy it to see the types of things that will worry me in the future, the gaze at the beauty of the models in the adverts and to surf through the items of clothing that I will never to able to afford. However, this issue is slightly different; maybe because it is the 100th episode, I don't know.

In the issue, page 114, Bryony Gordon wrote an article about why she's happy to be single and why it bothers her when people ask "Why are you single?" seeing as she's 28 and does not have a significant other. Now, people I started reading the article I was feeling very gloomy about one hundred and more things - singledom being one of them. But now that I've read her reason for being happy and single, I've cheered up immensely. True, I'd still love to have someone there to (as Sammy explains) make me feel wanted and loved but for now I think I'll be okay just cruising alone.

Bryony make a list of ten things why she was happy to be single and I've decided to do one myself (it seems to me that my blog is becoming more about lists then anything else nowadays).

  1. If I happened to meet Rupert Grint or Anton Yelchin randomly on the street, I would be single, as would they.
  2. I can look my absolute worst without the fear of someone seeing me.
  3. I can watch whatever I want and not be mocked.
  4. I don't have to meet expectations of anyone.
  5. I can make time for friends.
  6. I don't have to put up with him annoying friends.
  7. There's no chance of me being with the wrong person.
  8. I can eat whatever I like and not have to constantly be swallowing mints.
  9. I can still look at whoever I wish without anyone getting jealous.
  10. I don't have to put up with any nonsense.

Nonsense is a very "old-fashioned" word but I think it suits the topic some how.

So yes, that's my list. I'm feeling better about being single now. People with partners can say what ever they like, I know I'm happy and if they can't accept it then they just go away. :)

1 comment:

  1. can youplease send me that exact article please?

    ReplyDelete